pages

Friday 19 November 2010

Mud, mud, glorious mud


I don’t want to write this post today… so I’ve already decided it will be short.  The mini crisis of last week has turned into a whole downer week. There is news of sorts on the big thing I’ve been waiting for – funding of a 3 year project, but it’s complicated and will take a long time to figure out (I won’t bore you with the details). 

To be brief, I feel like I’m wading through mud, thick oozy mud.  In fact, this reminds me of a children’s song where a group of kids go on a bear hunt and have to wade through thick, oozy mud, long wavy grass and scary woods to get to the bear….at each obstacle they say ‘can’t go over it, can’t go under it, oh no, got to go through it’…..squelch, squerch, squelch, squerch (that’s the sound of wading through thick oozy mud by the way - it was my favourite bit).

So, as I’ve committed myself to setting up Children Unite I suppose I will have to enjoy the downer (it’s only a downer after all, nothing catastrophic has happened) and squelch my way through the week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment