pages

Wednesday 7 November 2012

Kathmandu Code Breaking Quake


It was an earthquake that finally made me stop working tonight….I’m in a rather beautiful mountain top resort 5 miles outside Kathmandu undertaking data analysis for a research project Children Unite is running.  The project has been running for ten months, 47 life story interviews and four focus group discussions have been held with child domestic workers here.  It is an exciting moment for me, as I didn’t take part in the actual interviews, this is the first time I’m hearing what the children said but it is also laborious as we’re having to scan through all 47 interviews (some of which are 6 hours long) looking for similarities in the stories and turning these into ‘codes’.  So, when the building started to shake we decided it was a ‘sign’ from the spirits that we should stop for tonight!  More tomorrow…and I will report regularly while I'm here if I have much of a brain left to write….

No comments:

Post a Comment