pages

Saturday 10 November 2012

Shaken not stirred in Kathmandu

What do you do on a Saturday night when you’re in Kathmandu for 10 days? Watch a Bond movie of course!  We’ve been ensconced in this mountain resort for seven days, working from 8.30 in the morning to 8.30 at night and as our advisor and teacher (a professor in psycho-social research), left this morning – lovely as she is – we decided to see a bit of Nepali life.  So, four of us went to a mall, ate frozen yoghurt and hot dogs and watched Bond drinking his martini and cry (what is the world coming to!).  I didn’t get all patriotic watching the film as it has only been a week since I was home but I’ve been raving about Scotland (my favourite country!) as I’d flown from Glasgow to Kathmandu (I’d been on holiday in the highlands) and during the film, Bond drives through Glen Coe which I’d driven through on the way to the airport – have to admit to going a bit apoplectic at that point!  

No comments:

Post a Comment